We welcome you to the Dr. Nathan Porter Library where you will find reading materials and information with traditional and electronic library services. Over 12,000 items are available for your use in the library. Please let us know how we can assist with you library needs.
We have something for you…@ your library!
- Public Access Computers- 9 computers for public use, with high-speed Internet access.
- FREE Wireless Internet
- Computer Printing-Black and white pages @ 25 cents per page and color pages @ 40 cents per page.
- Copy Machine-Black and white copies @ 25 cents per page and color pages @ 40 cents per page.
- FAX Service-$1.00 per page to send (long distance); $0.25 per page to receive.
- Tennessee Electronic Library (TEL)-Free access to Gale electronic databases at the library or from home through the library website: https://bit.ly/PorterLIb. Use TEL for homework, research assignments, genealogy, and more.
- READS – Free ebook and audiobook downloads with your library card through the library gateway. http://reads.lib.overdrive.com
- Library Facebook page – Library-related information; pictures from programming; updated regularly.
- Conference Room-Available for use by local civic groups and non-profit organizations. Contact the library for applicable policies.
- Reading Club-Greenfield “Book Jackets”-Monthly book discussion group. New members welcome!
- Free Inter-Library Loan service – If we don’t have a book that you need, we will try to borrow from another library.
- Summer Reading Programs – during the month of June.
- Income Tax Forms – during tax season.
- “Twisted Stitches” Club meets every Wednesday at 1:00 pm.
- Fiction & Non-Fiction for All Ages
- Large Print
- Reference Books
- GED/ACT Study Materials
- Local History/Genealogy Materials
- Greenfield High School Yearbooks
- Audio Books on CD
- Movies on DVD
- Music CDs
- Current Newspapers (Dresden Enterprise, Weakley County Press, Jackson Sun, USA Today)
- Popular Magazines
Dr. Nathan Porter Library Board of Trustees
Jerry Swaim, Chair
Thomas Tansil, Jr.